Wednesday, August 8, 2018

Wednesday: Four boxes.

At this rate, I have about a week's worth of unpacking left to do.  Except I can't keep doing that, since I leave for Arizona this weekend.  And tomorrow I have to do computer stuff because I really want to decommission my big old computer as soon as possible, so I spent $700 on new computer stuff today.

Because no matter what, a brand new computer is always going to be "like $1000".  At least now I'm switching to a more distributed, cluster-like system.

Anyway, this is basically what four boxes of books looks like.
I think I need to shim one of my bookcases to keep it from tipping over before I load it up with more books.  It should also go faster now.  I think all of my books have been inserted into the catalog at this point, and although I still have some that are missing LOC numbers, the majority do.


No comments:

Post a Comment