Friday, August 17, 2018

Friday: The end of the conference.

It was a good conference.  I learned a lot, and I have a pile of questions for next week when everyone is back in the office.  Now all I need to do is get home tomorrow.  That should be easy.

Since the conference ended around lunch time, I spent the afternoon catching up on news and internet stuff I've been missing.  I also discovered that my tumblr queue was empty, so after some git dancing, and some refactoring and testing for an updated system, I now have a functional RSS-to-tumblr queue snek script.  I have to do a bit more work on it for it to be completely finished.  I'm abusing a few things because I was lazy, so those should get fixed up.  As it is, though, it correctly goes through the RSS archive (by increasing date), determines if the link is to tumblr, and if it is, likes and reblogs.  Finally, the RSS entry is unflagged, removing it from the archive for the future.  Running the script now takes about a minute, compared to much longer to manually spawn the link in a tab and click through to queue it.  Yay increasing my internet reading efficiency.

It was a fairly nice day.
 I didn't like lunch, so I planned to get a big dinner.
I think this was cilantro butter.  I could never live here.  The soap flavor would kill me.

A big steak.  I would have preferred better veggies, less cilantro sauce, and a "prickly pear steak sauce" that emphasized tart over sweet.  Still, it was a good steak, cooked to a great level.
I've realized that I'm going to need to go out and get groceries tomorrow night when I get home.  Ugh.



No comments:

Post a Comment