Sunday, August 12, 2018

Sunday: But at least it all went well.

I was, in order:

  1. Not murdered by the stranger I paid to drive me to the train station.
  2. Able to buy the correct train ticket without trouble.
  3. Step onto the platform at exactly the right time to greet the train going my way.
  4. Slip through security with only minor "how do people with this little sense of how to do things get pre-check" problems.
  5. Ate a egg/ham/cheese croissant that wasn't sulfurous and bad.
  6. Fly to Houston.
  7. Eat a salmon BLT with avocado, even if I had to convince the incredulous waitress that I in fact, wanted zero mayo, no matter what variety they had.
  8. Fly to Tucson, and due to the wonders of "packing light," didn't have to gate check my bag.
Part of that last one is the fact that flying to SFO for so long that I eventually just bought an alternate wardrobe made me hate flying with bags.  The fact that the Honolulu gate agents were super strict with the carryon policy didn't hurt either.

Aforementioned BLT.  A nice herby focaccia as well. 

I have never been to Tucson until now.
 It's the desert.
Except it's monsoon season, I guess.

Which means cool sunsets.
 And then dinner, which I didn't take pictures of because I didn't want to look crazy.
But then to my room, which looked like spies had tried to find where I'd hidden the diamonds.
Except I hadn't been to the room yet, I don't have any diamonds, and it's probably just that the cleaning staff forgot to finish cleaning it.  A quick phone call, and I'm in a different room that's all clean.

  • Based on the SFO tag, I was there for 148 posts/days.  Between the first date and now, there are 1357 days, meaning I've spent almost 11% of the last four years visiting California.
  • I am grumpy how this book made the series I've been reading since I left Hawaii.   I think I have two more books already bought, and the eighth in the series comes out later this year.
  • I don't know, a tumblr thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment