Sunday, August 19, 2018

Sunday: I go away for a week, and I guess summer ended.

Probably not really, but it was definitely "windows open" instead of "A/C" weather today.  That was a good reason for me to cook a long simmer meal for dinner.  Plus, cooking long meals during the week isn't that easy, so I thought it'd be good to get it done today.

But I needed lunch first.  I haven't had Qdoba's brisket before.  It's good.
 Cooking brisket would take a long time.  Maybe next weekend.  I also got groceries, which only went to twice my nominal budget.  I also got a new toothbrush and a couch pillow at Target.  Pillows are good.
In any case, chili:
Chili.
I used my own recipe as the base, although I skipped the stew meat and the bacon.  This batch is really good.  There's no major heat, but by the end of my bowl I was sweating a crazy amount.  It also doesn't stick around, which is good.  It's hot while you eat it, but it's fine ten minutes after you finish.  I had thought about taking it for lunch this week, but I don't think I will, given the amount of sweat involved.

Tomorrow I want to have it with rice, since I finally found decent rice.

I guess this trip put me into the "two free bottles of water" class.  Look upon my works, ye mighty.


  • I had planned on connecting my old main computer today, so I could transfer data off of it.  Unfortunately, when they packed it, they didn't include the power cable, so I couldn't do that.  Instead, I popped out the main data hard drive and put it into an external drive case.  Somehow it had this issue, with the reported size being one byte larger than physical.  `resize2fs` did fix the problem.
  • The other problem I've been having is that my rsyncs were running slow.  It looks like the problem is something to do with NFS.  I'm doing direct network runs now, and that's going much faster.
  • This show sounds better and better.
  • Today I learned that doesthedogdie.com has other kinds of information about content.

No comments:

Post a Comment