Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Tuesday: I have a lot of crappy links for today.

So I've put the cool thing for the day at the end, so you can either skip all the links, or know that there's something cool on the other side.

First up, strawberry banana bread.  It was tasty.

Links.

  • Cool links.
    • I thought that I'd heard of this before, but I can't find the book that I thought it was in.  It's probably buried in my pile of books.  In any case, the application I saw of it was rather cool, if I understood it correctly.
    • This looks interesting.  I'll have to stop by when it opens for real.
    • I wonder what this will be about.
  • Crap links.
    • I am glad that I don't have to call my congress people and ask them why they are such bad people.
    • I'm also glad that we've finally reached the tipping point where people can't just be discriminatory fuckers without getting called out.  This is a good step.
    • This is fucking stupid, and if facebook makes everything a video, then no one is going to watch them.  As is my understanding of how things are now:  no one watches facebook videos, and facebook counts all the autoplays as full views.
    • Festering fascist boil Peter Thiel is again trying to use his money to stop free speech.  This is why we shouldn't allow billionaires.
    • This is basically the definition of monopoly power.  If you don't have to worry about going out of business, you have improper pricing power, and should be nationalized or broken up. 

The fact that I deleted what I thought was the most depressing link really sucks.  Anyway, double last week, I was looking at Lego squirrels on amazon.  So yesterday, all of my amazon orders finally were delivered.

With my Lego squirrel.
 Yes, whatever, "5-12," Lego is being silly here.

Bits.

It comes with a very nice squirrel, who has a blue bow.

And a dish full of acorns.

Finished squirrel house.

I had a lot of extra bits, so I added some more flowers and made two extra acorns.

"Wait, is that your work notebook?"  Yes, when I ordered this, I planned to add it to my "things on the window sill."

With my Iron Squirrel and Wooden Owl.

No comments:

Post a Comment