Saturday, June 4, 2016

Saturday: Dear Julie,

On Thursday, this happened:

(10:36:13) Julie: http://www.pukadog.com/menu
(10:36:16) Julie: that looks so good
(10:38:27) me: Except I don't live on that island
(10:38:40) me:
(10:39:48) Julie: you're closer than I am
(10:39:53) me: 
(10:44:00) Julie: Lol

I mean, it's not really that close:
See?

And sure, there are planes that go between the two of them, but it'd be dumb to spend like $200 flying to a different island just to get a hot dog.

Right?
That'd just be crazy.
Even if they do have really great lemonade.  Fresh squeezed lemonade should really be the only way lemonade is made.
But how is the dog?
It's not bad.
I got mine with the taro/bacon bun, "hot" sauce, lilokoi mustard, and the pineapple relish on the side.  The sausage itself is good, and I should have had the pineapple relish on the dog itself, as the sweetness really brightened it up.  The hot sauce and mustard kind of got lost a bit, and I really didn't taste any spiciness at all.  So not bad, but there is one big problem with it:
Can you see it in this image?
Unfortunately, it's the whole concept. There's too much bun, making it far too big to take a regular bite.  I ended up ignoring the left bun after this picture, which became increasingly messy as I ate the rest of the dog.

"Wait, did you actually fly to a different island just to eat a hot dog?"

No, of course not, that'd be silly.  It turns out that Puka Dog is the original on Kauai, but after the owners divorced, all the Oahu (and mainland) locations changed name to Hula Dog.  Which means that there actually is a location in the Bay Area, although it's not conveniently placed.  The closest location to me is in Ward Warehouse, which I can see from my apartment.
Next to the ocean.  And a pirate ship, I guess.
There aren't many stores there that I'm that interested in, and the whole Ward complex is always so busy and high traffic that I don't usually stop in there even if it is like ten minutes away.

This picture poorly shows many things.  One, the super cute tan puppy.  Two, the even more super cute black puppy.  Three, the reflection of the weight lifting competition/show that was happening on the main stage at Ward Warehouse.

I just liked this view.  It was kind of rainy today.






No comments:

Post a Comment