Thursday, July 10, 2014

Thursday: The point where you realize that even in the future, some things may be impossible to get.

So I have this book:
This one.
It's full of ukioy-e pictures of "humorous things."  I got it for the bats dressed in people clothes, and that samurai ear of corn.  It's one of the few thing souvenirs in Tokyo, and I got it at the museum that had the exhibit with the original prints.

I saw today that that museum is having a new exhibit this year, this time one ghosts and "horror" things.  I'd really like to see it, but I simply don't have the time this year to fly off to Japan.  I can see that they have a similar exhibit book for this new show, priced at a reasonable ¥2500.  However, since this is a limited print run for a museum exhibit, it's basically only available there at the show, as it's not really a book that has a distribution deal.  This means that it's going to be very difficult to get a copy.

Maybe J-List could get it.


  • Do you want to know how I know that "economics21.org" is full of shit?  "[...] raise the minimum wage to $10.10, would increase private sector costs by $15 billion in 2017.  These costs would be passed on to consumers as higher prices."  Do you want to know what the US consumption is?  $11.5 trillion dollars in 2013.  So raising the minimum wage may force people to take on 0.1% more consumption than they would have expected.  I'm sure that will kill the economy, and cause everyone to starve and die.
  • But not the president.  Because he calls his fucking order in ahead of time so he doesn't have to wait in line.  Also: because he's the president.
  • I like the new costume.
  • This movie is going to be awful.  Doomsday is something you build up to once you've established a Superman universe that isn't shit.  I saw a half hour of that last movie.  I wanted Superman to be killed, just so it would end.
  • This was an excellent episode.
  • A bar of soap.
  • The Man Who Fell to Earth.
  • Ducks.

No comments:

Post a Comment