Monday, July 28, 2014

Monday: It's clear to me that this thing is just far too complicated for me to keep in entirely in my head.

Woo for developing something crazy confusing.  I'm pretty sure this is why robot rebellions happen.  Somebody has to design the whole thing, but they forget to check that $kill_all_humans is set to 'false'.  I mean, there are just too many variables to remember.

I don't seem to have an image for "robot rebellion."  Have "owl rebellion" instead.

  • I was going to say "how crappy of a pop-culture writer do you have to be to screw things up like this?", but I then went to see how hard it actually is to identify this as Bee and Puppycat stuff, assuming you don't know that it is.  It's hard.  I could find no permutation of the set of words [cat kitten sword robot space pink white bumblebee bee helmet] that returned a B&PC result on google images.  Part of the problem is that this fucker has been nailing down merchandising for forty fucking years.  I also suspect that all B&PC stuff uses "puppycat" universally, which is not something someone who knows nothing about it is going to search for.  Still, ask around and see if someone else knows who they are.
  • I like this comic.  It presents every day situations that everyone deals with, but does it in a soothing calming manner without all the flash and drama that a lot of other comics pile on.  Just a simple package, and the results of opening it.
  • Bill Shuster is a dickbag, and this isn't going to do anything.  No one goes, "man, if only flights were cheaper, I'd fly everywhere!"  People decide they're taking a trip, and then want to buy the cheapest one that fits their criteria.  That's the final price.  The main problem is that everything else splits out the sales tax, so there's this idea that it's something unusual.  No.  You can't buy product X at price Y-T.  That's not an option.  Therefore, you pay Y, which is the only price you should be concerned with.  No other prices should be apparent.  I don't buy things by going to the store, finding the wholesale price printed on the shelf, and then take it to the counter where they add the workers fee, the building fee, the electricity fee, the finance fees, the overhead fees, and then the sales tax.
  • This is something that I only vaguely remember the details behind.  Gas company Y was doing well, the government froze the company for reasons, Y largely falls apart due to the freeze, and the parts are sold to company R, which is kind of owned by the government.  Plus they threw a bunch of people into jail, blah blah blah.  Now there's a $51.5e9 judgement that company Y probably didn't deserve to be looted by the government.  So, yay! Justice!  Delayed and probably unenforable Justice!  The most depressing of all Justices!
  • Today I learned that shopping carts in the UK and Australia have locks on them, and you have to put a coin in the slot to unlock the cart from the rest of the carts, and then when you're done, relocking the cart to its friends allows you to get your cart back.  I suspect it's less a theft deterrent (because if I could get a shopping cart for a pound, I'd be thinking up things I want to move around at home), and more a way to eliminate the cart-guy going out to salvage used carts and bringing them back to the store.

No comments:

Post a Comment