Monday, July 14, 2014

Monday: I came up with two good post titles on the drive home, and have subsequently forgotten both.

In any case, I discovered today that I'll be getting my own private office at work in the near future.  I am unreasonably excited about this for some reason.  And, to steal from an earlier chat:  I thought "I should get a big pokemon picture to put up, but I don't know where you would go to get something like that."

Then, duh.

Etsy.  That's where you get stupid shit that companies wouldn't ever make, so you get somebody to make one for you as their work-at-home thing.

This also led to me thinking about all the things I could get for my own office.  A tiny fridge.  A microwave.  Basically those two things.  A giant Snorlax sticker.  The essentials.

"I FUCKING NEED THAT TO FLY, YOU JERK!" (Here's the story.)

  • I liked the demographic charts.
  • Cats are dumb.
  • Cats are dumb.
  • I saw this in the RSS stuff, laughed, forgot about it, scrolled through my open tabs, laughed, forgot about it, flipped through pinned tabs to do the linkstorm, and laughed again.  Just wait until you get to the end.
  • I should figure out if I care to vote in the primaries this year, so I looked up the LWV position statement thing.  Fun game for everyone: scroll down, looking only at the pictures, and see if you can find the person who said, "first goal is to destroy [...] the 'War on drugs'".  Also, nice job All The Republicans for jumping on the "permanent waiver to the Jones Act" as an important position point.  Confused?  I was too.  The Jones Act established the merchant marines, and mandates that all good shipped between US ports be shipped on US flagged ships.  So a waiver would theoretically lower costs in Hawaii by allowing foreign shipping concerns to ship things from the mainland.  By magic, I guess.


No comments:

Post a Comment