Friday, July 18, 2014

Friday: Today was new notebook day at work.



  • Fourteen hours and 32 mozzarella sticks.
  • I'm sure that you can guess what the sign says.
  • Bears are weak vs. gravity.
  • Candy Kong (the rest of the tumblr is likely to be nsfw).
  • Jacques Pepin has better shows, too.
  • I realized today while looking at the weather that the government probably puts the weather satellite images online.  They do.  Here.  This means that with some minor coding, I could put together a thing that I've wanted to see since I was a kid: a year-long satellite movie.  The idea I had when I was a kid is that they should make it for Christmas, and just show it on TV.  Since these are geostationary satellites, the tranformation function between satellite images and whatever landmass projection is something that needs to be defined only once.  With that done, it's trivial to automate the image downloads and stitching, and then after whatever period of time, fed into ffmpeg or something to construct the movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment