Friday, July 25, 2014

Friday: I think I might get a tablet this weekend.

Partially because I remembered this week that you can play scummvm games on android.  I have the Monkey Island series, but I've never sat down to play 2 or 3.  Four I played on PS2, and 1 I last played in undergrad.  Being able to play them on the plane while travelling seems like a good plan.  I think this will cause the PSP to be left behind.

This is also the answer to the question of "why would I want a device that lives between computer and phone?"  "Because you're going to be on a plane for 99 hours, and you'll be able to watch videos and play pointy-clicky games without needing to get a full computer out or kill your eyes looking at the tiny phone screen."  I'll have to sort out which DVR things and which youtube things I want to put on it.

I drew this today while discovering that the fast file system makes the code run far slower than running it on the slow file system.  I don't even fucking know anymore.

Also: Dear local sushi place that I don't get sushi at because you stopped serving unagi and give fucking ika instead of hamachi.  Fucking ika.  Ick.  Anyway, I know I visit fairly often, so maybe I'm a good customer or something, but this is way too much food.  I can't eat a pound of teriyaki chicken and a quarter pound of spicy poke.

No comments:

Post a Comment