Tuesday, April 8, 2014

What the fuck is wrong with you?

I liked the movie Frozen.  It's a good movie.

Do you know how many Princess Anna dresses I own?  Zero.  Partially because they don't come in my size, and partially because my day-to-day fashion needs currently have zero open slots for fancy dresses.

However, if I did have open slots, I'd probably only buy one.  Because, you know, you can really only wear one thing at a time, and you shouldn't wear identical things everyday.

On the other hand, if I completely went insane, and decided for some reason that the correct number of Princess Anna dresses was sixteen, I'd pile them all up on the counter, and purchase them all together.  That's the least asshole way to do things, and makes it far easier to keep track of things.  "I would like to purchase all of these Princess Anna dresses.  All sixteen of them."

I would not bring my entire family to the store, hand out coupons for Princess Anna dresses to everyone, and force this to be done in four transactions so I can use all the coupons I've somehow horded for Princess Anna dresses.

Why the fuck do you even need sixteen Princess Anna dresses?  Are you outfitting an army of tiny pretend royalty?  Wouldn't some contrast be a good idea, or are the coupons for Princess Anna dresses explicit that no Queen Elsa dresses can be substituted?  If you are outfitting an army of tiny pretend royalty, couldn't you have budgeted better for your Princess Anna wardrobes, such that you're not relying solely on the power of coupons and multiple transactions?

Finally, saying "this is the baby's coupon," isn't clever.  That's the kind of thing a psychopath who buys sixteen Princess Anna dresses would say.

No comments:

Post a Comment