Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Wednesday: Apparently I'm going to blog all of Pokemon XY

Episodes one and two are contained in this post.

So now it's episode 3, "An Illustration of the Differences Between Team Twerp and Team Rocket."


Not-Misty's Mom: "I think you should go with the white one."
Not-Misty: "Then I'll choose black, because I hate your style and I'm totally totally a jerk!"
Team Rocket is celebrating that The Boss has signed them on for a new season.
Ash, his new Froakie, and those two.  They're like Max and May, I guess.  I hate them both, because she's annoying, and he's also annoying.
N-M: "Bye bye Rhyhorn!"
Ok, to be fair to N-M, her mom is wearing pants that have a giant bow at the belt.  I have no clue what's up with that.
The new Pokedex is really cool.
New Pokedex: "This is the...um...antenna pokemon.  It is definitely not an electric mouse.  Definitely not."
Don't do that, Ash.  That's just creepy.
 Back to Team Rocket.
James: "My new Pokedex is infinitely superior to Team Twerp's."  And it is.  Holy crap is that cool looking.
Hey! Wobbuffet's back!  He was always the source of some of the best comedy.
Wobbuffet is not effective against this flying squid thing.
"HOW WILL YOU DEFEAT ME NOW, VILLAINS?"
James: "Here, have some sandwiches!"
Boop!
The sparkles means it worked.
And everyone...
Freaks the fuck out that that worked.  Feed the Pokemon, ask it, and you somehow get a new teammate?
 How does Team Twerp catch a Fletchling?
Brutal assault.
Followed by bubbles.  I bet they hurt more than you'd think, though.
See?
And then Ash throws the Pokeball.
But it doesn't work, so Froakie has to beat the crap out of it some more.
Then, you bash it with the Pokeball just moments before it crashes to the ground.
Sparkles means it worked.
"We've successfully enslaved a wild animal!"
Seriously, they couldn't have had a stranger juxtaposition of the two captures.  TR does it with food and kindness, and TT does it by beating things up.  We then switch back to Not-Misty.

N-M: "I'm here to choose a Pokemon!"
I'm sure you can guess who she chooses.


No comments:

Post a Comment