Sunday, April 13, 2014

Sunday: Movie time

I think I'm going to draw all my future movie stub images.  I should have started with Celestine, and used her to scale up to Ernest, instead of going the other way.  Small things are hard to draw, which is why I gave up the original attempt, and just went with "scared face plus cloak."  Fewer details to mess up.  I do like Ernest's coat.  That's not too bad.
Ernest and Celestine was the movie today.  Nicely done, but I'm still sticking with Frozen as best for the year.  The story in E&C is better than The Wind Rises, largely because TWR skipped around and had those disjointed dream sequences.  E&C's only major issue was that Celestine's age wasn't totally clear.  I missed the "this is now three years later" jump.  TWR did have better art and sound (due to the voice foley again), but the confusing story detracted from the overall feel.

Also, the other two AA nominees for animation don't count, because they looked stupid.  As does the "Planes: Fucking Forest Firetrucks" preview I saw today.  Cars was a shitty movie I only watched because I was trapped on a plane, and that was the only thing to watch.  They then made a sequel because they hate good things, then made a stupid plane version sequel because they want to pretend they're cool like Miyazaki.  But to make a sequel to a spin off of a sequel?  It's possible that part of Pixar shouldn't be allowed to make things anymore.


No comments:

Post a Comment