Thursday, April 3, 2014

Thursday: I hate supercomputers

This is seeming like a better and better idea.

  • While reading this story, I was struck by this line: "scoffed aloud when the scientist suggested that a changing climate could yield both a wetter world and more drought."  I'm not really the best teacher, but I know how to write an analogy.  "Well Congressman, if you'll permit me to do a demonstration." [dump glass of water all over table.]  "You'll now notice that I have a significantly wetter table, but if I get thirsty, it's going to look a lot like a drought."  Boom.  You've made someone who thinks he's so clever look like an idiot.  
  • My read of this story was "everyone is against more tolls except the people who make money from tolls."  This is why we have taxes.  Taxes have essentially no middleman.  You owe X, the government gets X.  Paying someone to run tolls just puts someone between you and the money.
  • Edgar Allan Poe.  Super badass.
  • Witch.
  • Pokemon.

No comments:

Post a Comment