Saturday, April 26, 2014

Saturday: The confluence of various things

It's not nearly at "James Burke's Connections" level, but it's kind of a similar concept.  First, last week Julie mentioned Chili's, so I decided I might as well try them again.  However, I also ran out of shampoo, so I had to go buy a big bottle of that.  The place that sells that in the mall is next to the preztel place, so when I got to Chili's, I kind of wanted pretzels.



It turns out that they sell those there.  Because...honestly, I assume for people like me who want pretzels, but decided they should get a proper meal instead.  Not bad pretzels, although they really should use better cheese.  Or at least fucking put it under the broiler to melt a bit.  Stabbing a pretzel into nearly solid cheese is kind of pointless.  Also, balancing the cup of cheese between two pretzels is stupid presentation.

Anyway, I had a taco craving, so I went with fajitas.
Also: watermelon lemonade is pretty tasty.
This had a tower of sides, but no spoon or anything, which seems hard to use.  This was part of the reason I went there, since I could get some sort of taco-alike, to replace my original plan to make my own tacos tomorrow for this week.  That choice I postponed until next week, since I guess it's cinco de mayo next week.  So tacos.

Then I went and got groceries so I can make my own tikka masala this week.  That decision was based on the fact that I still have pita bread in my fridge, due to the lamb I was going to eat them with failing last week.  So TM will eat up those pitas.




No comments:

Post a Comment