Monday, April 21, 2014

Monday: Again, it simply refuses to rain

Making my apartment super humid.  Stupid lazy sky.

Mr. Doughnut.  I going to say that he and Pyramid Cat travel around and solve mysteries, like Scooby Doo.

  • Today is the day that Rome was founded.  In a day.  By Aeneas.  Or Romulus and Remus.  Frankly, I stopped bothering trying to sort it out and I actually like this stuff.  You can read Livy's version here, but that just sounds like a giant retcon.
  • This showed up in my watch later list, and since what I watch tends to lag by 1-7 days relative to when I put things in it, I have no clue where I saw it.  I watched the video first, and assumed it was just someone with way too much time had decided to sync the symphony up with a previously existing music video.  Discovering that the video was made exclusively for this project led to the conclusion that someone with way too much time also had way too much money.
  • I pretty much have no clue what to say about today's Adventure Time.  It's mostly all "but..." and "wha?" and "I really thought you'd just leave that as a thing for an undefined 'the future'."
  • Interesting plot, although I think the real lesson is, "Just use C, because it's effectively as fast as fortran, but infinitely easier to write and debug."  A secondary lesson could be, "Fuck python."  I just noticed octave there, so I guess the tertiary lesson is, "use octave to sort out an answer, but don't do real calculations there, that's just silly." 

No comments:

Post a Comment