Monday, April 28, 2014

Monday: That worked out well

First up, meeting doodles.
First I drew an eraser, then I started sketching a quick tree graph, which turned into carrot greens.  Then, I added an onion and a potato, and drew a pot.  Then I turned the eraser into a racecar.  Finally, I tapped my pencil on the page, and it kind of looks like a duck.
 The vegetables were important because they were a big part of today's plan for dinner: chicken tikka masala.
Which looks like this when you make it.
I used the packet sauce I mentioned a few months ago, although I didn't follow their instructions much.  First, I chopped up the vegetables into chunks, put them on to cook, and then did the same with 1.5lb of chicken thighs.  This would have come up to something like the "2lb" the packet claims it's good for, but my lesson from last time was that that was way too dry.  To fix this, I just used two packets, and let it simmer down somewhat.  This left me with an acceptable level of sauce to soak into the rice.  I also threw two bird peppers into the pan, so they could help bring up the spiciness of the sauce.  I'll agree that the packet is totally a cheat, but it works well.

I also surprised myself by getting all the leftovers to fit in a plastic tub that I was certain was way too small.



No comments:

Post a Comment