Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Tuesday: 5776

That's how far image A and image B are shifted after running B through the program at work.  In the X direction, only.  You'd think that'd make it easier to track down, but that doesn't seem to be the case.  I'm now beginning to suspect that 5776 = \sum_{i

Edit ten minutes later: well, blogger ate my math, but it doesn't matter too much, because I think I've figured it out:  The overlap between i and j is 640 pixels, and the grid is 10x10.  Since you don't care about the last grid point, you only have 9 to deal with, and 9x640 = 5760, which is reasonably close to my measurement of 5776.  Yes, this looks suspiciously like arbitrary numerology to obtain the number I want, and no, it doesn't explain why this doesn't happen with Y.  In any case, it's at least something I can test out tomorrow.
"Why is this fucking river so damn wet?"


  • Darrell Issa has millions of dollars he can use to pay someone to go collect his mail.  That's why he doesn't mind if the USPS stops delivering to regular people.  See also: every other service that the government provides that he thinks he could do better for himself with his own money (note everyone without money can go fuck themselves).
  • That's a terrible idea.
  • I'm pretty sure Steve Cohen is probably going to jail.

No comments:

Post a Comment