Friday, July 5, 2013

Friday: Noon-thirty

Basically me today.
Since it seems silly to take Thursday off, then go to work on Friday, especially since the power was going to be off for part of the morning, then the A/C was going to be off until mid-afternoon or something like that, I took today as a vacation day.  Unfortunately, the people who are repainting my apartment building did not take today as a vacation day, so I was awoken to various clattery sounds.  Then, the sound of masking tape being ripped off the roll in super long strips, followed by the rattle of paper.  That was followed by the sound of partially taped paper flapping in the gusty trade winds coming over the mountain.

I also decided to use part of the afternoon to try and configure my new rss stuff to be better.  That involved updating one thing, and having that one thing break 99 other things on that computer.  So, two hours later, several manual database "DROP DATABASE" and "DELETE FROM mysql.users WHERE User = 'blah'" commands, and uninstalling and reinstalling three different things, it's finally working again.

I did get the configuration stuff sorted out, so now I can largely browse rss mouseless.  n and p move through the list, l opens the page in a new background tab so I can read more thoroughly later.  Plus I fixed the missing youtube videos that were annoying me.  I did have to re-import all of my feeds, so I think I'm going to have to remember to back that stuff up regularly before upgrading things in the future (there's an option, so it's not a big problem).

Wait, did you just taze a fucking llama?

  • This comic forced me to close my laptop, turn off the television, and sit quietly for two minutes until the laughter stopped.
  • Jerry Pournelle seems to be a jackass.
  • This is where I discover that I don't have a third link for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment