Friday, July 12, 2013

Friday: Science!

Good science thing number 1: I finally got the paper revisions resubmitted, so everyone can relax a bit until they come back and start asking for the money to publish the damn thing.  I should probably start thinking about doing some new project, too.  I'm thinking something data-miney, machine-learny.

Good science thing number 2: I finally launched the reprocessing for the science I actually get money for, and it seems to be running about twice as fast as the original processing.  This is good news, as it means that we'll actually be able to complete it in a reasonable amount of time.  I think we may be able to sneak it in under the deadlines we have for it, so that's good.

I don't have anything else in the queue, so let's go with the somewhat creepy gif of Lain.

  • Long form items for the weekend.
    • Omni was always a magazine I thought I wanted to read when I was a kid.  I think that was partially because the covers' crazy 80's sci-fi art.
    • On the one hand, I like hamsters.  On the other hand, I do not like cancer and tuberculosis.  The comments are a bit harsh, but I thought the bulk of the article was fairly interesting, covering a lot of points that the commercials tend to gloss over.
  • Delicious looking foods.
  • Remainders.

No comments:

Post a Comment