Sunday, September 9, 2018

Sunday: Better pork belly.

In fact, I should probably get all of my meat from the Woori-Mart by the train station.  Not to be confused with this Woori-Mart.  Or Woori-Market.

In any case, they had really nice looking short ribs that would make a great stew.  Their ground beef prices were good.  They had nice looking sliced brisket and steaks that would make good sandwiches.  Also: nice pink pork belly, with not so much fat, in nice thick slices.  Exactly what I wanted.

I got pizza before shopping, so I wouldn't be super hungry.
The one on the left is "tomato pie," which is a local thing.  It's like a pizza, but with a garlic heavy sauce and only a scattering of parmesan instead of the regular cheese.  It's good.

Also, WTF?  It was in the humid 80s/90s like three days ago.  This is crazy.  I guess it's supposed to warm up again, but I spent this weekend washing blankets anyway.  The storage section of my couch is quickly becoming blanket town.
But back to the pork belly.  I finally made this recipe that we've had at New Year's a number of times over the past ~4 years.

It is good and spicy and goes well with lettuce and rice.
And the mushrooms I bought yesterday when I wasn't sure if I'd be able to find the lettuce.  I'm planning on taking this to work for lunch tomorrow, since it came out so well.  Also because I made more than two pounds of pork belly, and so I have a lot.



No comments:

Post a Comment