Saturday, September 8, 2018

Saturday: It's not very good pork belly

I don't know why they decided to make it "thin cut" pork belly, or why the package has to have quotes around "thin cut" like it's actually super fat or something.

I did get gyoza today.
 Although it took me longer than expected to get there because I still don't know all the roads.
And a reasonably decent ramen.
It's not as flavorful as I would have liked, and the noodles were a bit tough.  Balancing that out is the absolute best char siu I've ever had.  Three nice big chunks of delicious pork belly.  So this pork belly was just fine.

The pork belly at Wegmans was the problem.  I bought a package, but I wasn't happy.  I want super thick slices like the ramen place had.


  • Which means I'm probably going back to the same shopping center tomorrow to look here.
  • Good.  Investment residential is a horrible problem, and taxing it more is a start.

No comments:

Post a Comment