Saturday, January 30, 2016

Saturday: For doing very little today, I have a lot of things to include in this post.

I've spent a large chunk of this week thinking that I had things to do both days this weekend.  I know I was planning on going to Kailua for that chicken place, but I couldn't figure out what the other thing to do was.  Go shopping?  I was going to hit up Target when I was over there, so that doesn't seem right.  Go to the museum?  Probably about time to do that again, but that's kind of just a constant "always be beeping visiting museums" thing.  

So instead, I spent the day watching youtube and reading.
And I went to get the pork chop/pancake power combo.  I had to have them recook the chop, though, because as much as I'm cool with pork, I'm not cool with pork that's still kind of pink and fleshy inside.  It was probably fine, but it never hurts.
But back to the reading.  I bought SPQR by Mary Beard like forever ago, and have been slowly getting through it, mostly because I keep starting and finishing other books.  Still, it's a good read, and I've been enjoying it, but today I noticed something weird.
Do you see it?  You can cheat and look at the next picture where I've circled the issue.
What?
"Identikit"?  I guess this is ok to use as an adjective?  That seems weird.  This next one seems weirder:

Page 344.

Page 345.
Is it just me, or does it seem like there's a line missing to conclude the sentence on 344?  I reread those two paragraphs like a dozen times trying to figure out of I was crazy or if there was an editing issue.

And then I ate an apple bunny.

Apple bunny.

See?


No comments:

Post a Comment