Monday, January 4, 2016

Monday: So I totally didn't just fall asleep for three hours.

Ok, maybe I did a little bit.  I didn't sleep much last night, and then spent today moving boxes and putting things together for the conference booth. Woo.

Yes, there are actually for realsies alligators.  Also turtles, as you can see.  I'm going to try and catch the feeding tomorrow evening.
 And then I moved a bunch of boxes.
So I had a bigger than planned lunch.  I also met up with someone who I have randomly run into at conferences/pre-conferences like two or three times before.  It's a weird thing.

Then putting shit together, and discovering when everyone arrived and things were finished that we didn't have the second power strip we should have.  Oops.  It should be sorted tomorrow, though.
Also there's a snake display in the shack I can see from my hotel room balcony.  That sounds like a weird sentence, but to be fair, it totally is a weird sentence.
We also didn't know that there was a reception happening in the same room as our booth, and neither of the others were interesting in being there this evening.  It wasn't too bad, but I had reception food instead of a proper dinner.

And then candy instead of a proper dinner.  I probably should eat something healthier tomorrow.

Because why not take a picture of Ornament Borb?  It gives me a reason to link to the barb/birb/borb post again.

I haven't had as much time to read everything completely, so I don't have super complicated links right now.  I'll need to read through the backlog of links later.

  • No, dog.  No.  That's not how that works.
  • No, racoon.  No.  That's not how that works.
  • No, domestic terrorists.  No.  That's not how that works.
    • But hopefully, they'll all go to jail for forever.
  • This reads as "Reagan wasn't so bad" until you get to the last few paragraphs, and you can only conclude "Reagan was pretty much a monster who could have made the world more secure, but didn't, because see above re: monster."
  • I liked today's episode, but I don't think I'll be able to catch the rest.  It looks like the listings are being updated at the last minute to make the shows visible to the DVR, so if this continues I should be able to record them.
  • I was watching this episode of Odd Squad and thought, "isn't that like most of the Kids in the Hall"?  Yes.  Yes it was.
  • I like Rey, too.
  • Marnie.

No comments:

Post a Comment