Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Wednesday: This plan came together perfectly.

"What plan?"

The plan to have lunch today.
Sure, a pretzel usually doesn't count as a full meal.  However, pretzels are usually not 99 pounds and the size of a barge.  It was a good pretzel.
Also the second plan worked great.  "Which was?"  So, the conference webpage lists that one of the local restaurants that has a deal is the Pizzaria Uno (which isn't called that as they don't want to be pigeonholed as solely a pizza place, but come on).  Pizzaria Uno makes Chicago style pizza.  This is something I haven't had in like six years, so I decided on Sunday that this was going to be something I did.

I forgot to mention the conference to get a deal, but it doesn't matter too much.  Getting this pizza still cost less than every other food option at the hotel, and given that it was clearly too big to eat in one sitting, the price per meal value was far better than the hotel options.

I also tried to get something to drink from that pop machine from yesterday.  It turns out that a pop machine with rules ("credit card only" and "cash only") does not actually accept either option for payment, and therefore does not dispense pop.  It was also out of each of the six choices, so that probably didn't help.

In any case, forty five minutes later:

"Wait it comes with the bag?" "Yes.  Yes it does."  So now I have an insulated grocery bag that is designed for transporting pizza.  This would be fine if I wasn't 4757 miles away from home. 

They also gave me a bag of plates, napkins, and cheese and pepper.  No knives or forks, though, which was a bit inconvenient.

Oh yeah, the pizza.  The "Chicago classic" which has sausage and chunky sauce.  And is super thick and full of cheese.

The only issue with it is that I don't have a microwave in my hotel room, so I'm going to have to eat the rest of it cold.  This is a minor inconvenience.




No comments:

Post a Comment