Friday, January 31, 2014

Friday: Did everyone forget how to draw a stupid free-body diagram?

Part 9044 in the never ending list of "things I find on the internet and then get grumpy about."  This thing:
I found it here.

It's not magic.  Let's consult an expert:

Thanks, PB.
So I chopped the problem into the identical quarter problem, assumed we only need to deal with the vertical motion, and pulled out my "you learn this in the second physics class you ever take" abilities:


How does it work? It's suspended from the hooks in the ceiling, duh.  How much weight can you add to the bucket before it falls down?  However much you want, as long as you don't increase the tension in the string so much that it snaps.


2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "AnonymousSaturday, February 1, 2014 at 5:59:00 PM HST
    Hello There. I found your blog using msn. This is an extremely well written article.
    I will make sure to bookmark it and come back to read more of your useful info.

    Thanks for the post. I will certainly return.

    my web site; pikavippi 90 pv

    ReplyDelete"

    I'm cool now, because I get real-time spam comments. Deleted.

    ReplyDelete