Saturday, January 4, 2014

Saturday: I do in fact hate waiting in line for a seat at a restaurant

However, sitting outside in January isn't a great idea in most places.  I can generally get away with it at home, since, you know, tropics.

First, though, lunch.
I've been bad about getting food pictures on this trip.  Maybe that's just a sign that I think I'll have enough other stuff to post.
Baguette House.  For future reference for myself: "#1 House Combination Special" is good, so get that.  It might be good to do double meat on it, since the sandwich is only like $4.  The "pate chaud" is also good, it's like a meatball in a puff pastry cup.  However, the "bahn bao" isn't good, as it has that egg shown above, and the meat inside is mixed with like cabbage and stuff like that.  Don't get that.


Then blah blah afternoon blah blah.  Dinner was at North by Northwest, which does not include airplane attacks.  However, it was super busy, and there was a line.  See first paragraph of this post. Anyway:

Combo platter.  The wings had a weird honey glaze that detracted from the spice.

Salmon with spinach and blue cheese gratin.  Maybe the spinach could have been a bit wiltier?
Somewhat unrelated: I took those last two photos without flash, outside in the dim light.  I really didn't expect them to look so good.  I guess the red neon lights work well as illumination for my phone.

No comments:

Post a Comment