Sunday, January 5, 2014

Sunday: Last day in Austin

Which means cramming in things that haven't been done yet.  It seems odd that only a few days ago that I was thinking that I still had lots and lots of time left here.  Tomorrow is the standard early morning trip to the airport and then the flights back home.  I get home reasonably early (like 3pm), but I'm still going to be super tired when that happens.

This paper only allows the ink to form colors in certain locations.  You'll notice that Hello Kitty's face is scribbled over oddly.  Someone really wanted to color her face.
 Anyway, up early to head out.
Not homeless person.

Still not homeless.

Poor planners, but not homeless.
 That's the random pictures I took while walking past the line at Franklin Barbecue this morning.  We had a pre-order in place, which seems like the only sane way to get food there.  It's just dumb to wait outside for the store to open when you can plan ahead and pick it up to go.

There are other places here in Austin that seem to have the same insane reputation.  There is no reason to make a giant line outside of a restaurant unless someone has convinced you that that's the stylish trend.
F-BBQ has blueberry pop.  Blueberry.

And a gnome.

And merchandising.
 In any case, meats were obtained and returned to the (slightly-less-frozen-than-outside) warmth of home.
Pulled pork, slab of brisket, two sauces, some cheese for variety.
 I do think that F-BBQ has the best brisket I've had.  I like the thick cut.

Time passed, various things got organized, and everyone got hungry again.  Buca di Beppo ended up being the "we want something warm and filling because it's fucking cold out."

Our table was watched over by this super creepy painting:
Perspective tool was used to try to fix it to a face on shot.  If you're going to fight an ogre, you might as well do it where you can clearly see it.
 Some of the other art was a bit questionable as well.
My original goal was to take a picture of the sketch of the person picking their nose.  That's when I noticed that the statue was mooning me.

Cheesy bread.
And then I forgot to take picture of the entrees. Oh well.  Link time.



No comments:

Post a Comment