Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Tuesday: Mathmotrons

Because of this news story, I'm now suddenly interesting in solving a math problem something about sports.  Whatever, in any case, sports is all just sampling from a set of possibly unknown distribution functions.  So as long as you come up with a plausible simulation of those distribution functions, you can "do the sports" without having to bother with all the time and effort.  Sure, rooting for the New York RANLUX against the Denver Tausworthe's would be silly, but really, it's basically the same thing.

Anyway, I'm going to do math at some historical data to determine how well my math can math, and then see if my math can math it better than other people who actually care about the "teams" and "real human beings".

I don't have any squirrel pictures for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment