Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Tuesday: Today I fell for the oldest trick in the world.

First, Julie posted a comment about ramen, and how it would be tasty.

That led me to think the same thing, something that was boosted by the fact that I can go get ramen after work just by walking over.  A ramen-a-torium is that close.

Ramen + gyoza + chicken katsu.
While I was finishing up, this song came on the radio at the ramen place, and that's when I realized this had all been an elaborate set up.  See, earlier in the day, I'd sent Julie this parody of that song.

The worst part of this whole situation is that I didn't see any of it coming.


  • Everyone was talking about ramen today.
  • Wait, what?
  • You should be fired, you jerk.
  • That sucks.  I guess this means that when I order things from amazon, I'll just wait longer in between orders until things pile up.
  • This looks interesting (but I haven't watched it yet, so I don't know).
  • Huh.  Well, I have all the episodes shown so far on my DVR.  Because I haven't watched any yet.  I didn't hear any great buzz about it, so I never had the push to go see what's up with it.  Maybe I'll have to catch up this weekend.  One more note: I thought I heard that they were banned from using well known characters due to some other pre-existing contract issue.  I wonder if that's another reason it wasn't very well received.
  • I like the last panel, where Kara's using her legs to hold the bucket of candy in her lap so she can look through it.  While flying along, because she doesn't actually need to walk.
  • I upgraded things today to get something else working, which forced a google-chrome update, which means I have this ugly ass bug to deal with.  "What's wrong?"  The tab font and the bookmark-bar font are identical, and the same size.  Conveniently, this font also matches my default page body font as well.  Now, in between the two is the url bar in a font twice as large, with different serifs, and at a completely different weight.  The goal of UI should be to use as few fonts as possible in one view.  Breaking this concept, and then marking it as "wontfix" because you have more important things to do is a shitty move.  Not only that, given the 21 other bugs you had to merge into this one, wouldn't it have been better to simply fix what people didn't like just to shut them up?

No comments:

Post a Comment