Sunday, October 6, 2013

Sunday: I should remember that chopsticks are generally the answer

Why?  Today I had the problem that I had a large and unwieldy mat that I wanted to dry.  I ran it through the washer, but I'm somewhat hesitant to run something made of foam and rubber through the dryer.  That just seems like a bad idea.  The next obvious solution is to air dry it, but I don't have a line, nor do I have a place that would be convenient to place one.  What I do have is a set of sliding doors that have a C-shaped track at the top.  The C has large "serifs," so I've used it in the past to dry shirts and things by simply hanging them on the lip.  However, since the mat is large, I wanted to have more security than just hanging the hanger on one hook on that lip.

This is where the chopsticks come in.

Take a pair of disposable chopsticks, use it to span the gap, resting on both sides.  Hook hanger onto chopsticks.  The hanger is now balanced better, and the weight holds the chopsticks in place, preventing them from sliding.

Then I spent 15 minutes making this gif from the episode of Regular Show I'd just watched.  I now know three new tricks in the gimp.  1) Highlighting text. 2) Merging layers to add text to multiple frames. 3) Optimizing by differences.
And then the sky opened up to mourn my departed computer.

No comments:

Post a Comment