Thursday, October 17, 2013

Thursday: Why am I suddenly so sleepy?

Today was the day I go buy random things at Target.  I discovered that in the process of adding a new lane to H1, they've made everything slower.  The only thing I can think of to explain this is that people noticed things were different, and panicked, and that's why we were going 15mph.  My evidence for this is that when the construction zone ended (note: no actual construction was happening), everything magically sped up.

I can now say that I had the option to buy these cereals.  An option I declined, but still.

Wait, what?

  • At the beginning of this, that frog faced bastard seemed reasonable.  Then about halfway through, he talks about "dynamic scoring," which some people may just gloss over. "That sounds good.  Everyone like scoring points, and dynamic sounds like it's active!"  No.  The idea behind dynamic scoring is that you rewrite the tax code by claiming that if you decrease tax X by $Ne6, you spur $Me6 in "growth," and therefore you only need to claim that you've cut taxes by $(N - M)e6.  It's slightly more complicated, but that's the idea.  Why is this bad?  Because you could basically just claim whatever you want.  Having the CBO score things, you know, the Congressional Fucking Budget Office (for Budget Calculations, Duh), makes more sense, since that's kind of their damn job.
  • Have you ever kind of wished someone would have a horrible existential crisis that finally crushes their life and soul entirely?  Yeah...that'd...um...me neither.
  • Everyone else was talking about this today, so why not.
  • But this, I saw nowhere.  Imaginary Onion Joe Biden is one of the greatest fictional characters ever.
  • Adventure time.
  • I didn't originally notice, but the "Dandy Fish" logo is smoking a pipe.

1 comment: