Sunday, October 27, 2013

Sunday: 5 days

I spent a large chunk of the day doing nothing, and wondering what it was in the back of my head that kept pointing out that I was going to do something today.

Turns out that something was "plan what you're going to do in Tokyo, because you're leaving soon."

Oops.

Ok, quick list time:

  1. Imperial Palace.  I think tickets are gone, but the gardens are open for walking.
  2. Museum of the Imperial Collections.  I think this is in the same basic place, so these are probably the same day.
  3. Tokyo Tower.
  4. Meiji shrine.
  5. Tsukiji market?
  6. Akihabara.
  7. Edo museum.  Hey, I like museums.
  8. Yasukuni shrine?  I'm not a politician, so I probably won't have to deal with any strongly worded letters from diplomats.
  9. Ueno park?  This seems to have the highest density of museums possible.
  10. I like tall places when they are made of steel and concrete.
In any case, I should start making a plan.  London was easy.  Day 1: wander around London, see the Tate.  Day 2: regret only having one day to see the British Museum.  I think I've caused myself problems by allocating more than two days to Tokyo.  There are more variables to minimize.

Or maximize.  See, travel math is even more complicated then I originally thought.  The other thing is that a bunch of the "things to do in Tokyo" pages I find seem to be more "here's how to pretend you're in Lost in Translation."  Even though it'll be obvious, I don't want to go be an annoying tourist.  Everybody hates tourists.

"Hey! Losers!  You done gawking yet?  Some of us have jobs here, you know.  Who do you think resets the avaricious once people like you are done looking at them?  Me.  Phillip the Demon of the Fourth Circle.  Fucking tourists."

No comments:

Post a Comment