Friday, October 18, 2013

Friday: And some days I just back date the post to the right day

Oh, fuck you, amazon.

  • Liars lying, even when they could benefit from what they're lying about.
  • I'm pretty sure this is a reason why law professors shouldn't be doing statistics.  Or, you know, should learn statistics.  Given a set of N variables and M groups, claiming that membership in group M_i implies larger values of N_j without clearly stating how you accounted for the effect of the covariance of N illustrates that you're just throwing numbers together.  For this example, something to the effect of "for matched cohorts of age and income" would probably suffice, or at least point out that you're aware of this kind of problem.
  • I'm interested to try this, even if it won't be for like another year (or 18 months, since there's a hipster/new place problem to deal with).  I know they're conceptually just a Steak&Shake, but still.
  • I may or may not have internally come up with elaborate back stories for why I'm purchasing baked goods as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment