Saturday, September 1, 2012

Saturday: It turns out she was right

I had hoped that while I was on the mainland, I'd be able to get some proper doughnuts.  That didn't happen, because even though PHL has a Dunkin Doughnuts in the international terminal, it's outside of the controlled customs area.  That meant although I could see it, and see the doughnuts, I had no way of getting to them.  Crap.

So, I went out to get some today at the best place to get them locally:
Wait, that have one in McCully?  I don't have to drive to the airport to get them?
 I got a dozen, and then got one more, because I wanted to make sure that I would like the maple bacon one:
It turns out I did like it, so it was all ok.
 I also got a creme brulee doughnut:
Not quite as torched as I would have liked, but still super delicious.
Since I was already basically at the airport, and I had my NPR playlist set up on my phone, I decided to drive over to the other side of the island on H3.  I really like that highway, even when it's clogged with traffic because of an accident in the tunnel (it must have been reasonably bad, as the guy sitting on the side of the road looked really unhappy).  This also pointed out that even when you have piles of signs telling you that the right lane is closed, people still don't believe it until a cop blocks the lane.
I discovered on the other side of the island that we really are in a drought.  Here's the best comparison I can find at the moment:
Today.

May 29, 2009
Anyway, after taking the super long way home with a box of doughnuts, I decided that I should get something for lunch.  Dinner.  Whatever meal you eat at 4PM.

me: also: what do I want for late lunch?
Julie: you want Ramen

See today's post title.
Random animal!
"Hmm....let's see what's in the news today..."

Ok, now to back-date this post like I did yesterday...

No comments:

Post a Comment