Sunday, September 2, 2012

Sunday: Three day weekends sap all my desire to do things

So instead of getting groceries and cooking and cleaning and stuff like that, I spend part of today reloading the random article page on wikipedia.  Turns out there's a shortcut key (Alt-x).

Eventually I summoned enough motivation to get up and start my day.  Then I discovered I didn't have any clean shirts.  Great.  So, laundry ended up getting done today as well.  By the time I had clean clothes and was ready to head out, I'd already watched 99 hours of unhealthy food shows on TV.  This made me want a burger, but a good one, especially one I didn't have to make.  Honolulu Burger Company won out, as they're close to me and have good food.

Also: truffle fries.

Not the thin smooshy burger I wanted, but it had wonderful garlicky mushrooms and gooey cheese, so that worked.
 It looks like someone was killed in my building's elevator:
Or someone had smudgy hands.
 Red pandas!
"Dude, what are you doing?"  "Being scary!" "No. No you're not. Stop it."

Tomorrow I do need to go out and get groceries, and figure out what I want to eat this week.  My thoughts are:

  • Fish tacos.  Not much more to add here.
  • Burritos.  I kind of want to get a pork shoulder, and do a slow cooker thing that I can shred and make into burritos.  The other thought is to get some beef and do it with that.
  • Stromboli.  Or calzones.  I'm thinking of doing mushrooms and sausage, and then some assorted cured meats.  If I calzone it, I'll add some ricotta as well.  I'm tempted to make it stromboli style, call it a calzone, and not worry about nomenclature too much.  Calboli?
  • Steak?  I had an idea of steak with asparagus, and some quick fries, where I quarter a potato, rub it with oil and red wine vinegar, and then fry them.  Or broil.  Something like grilling, but without a grill (since I don't have a grill).
Links:

No comments:

Post a Comment