Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Wednesday: Decade old data

Technically, it was a decade ago that I received the data.  It was taken a decade before that.  Yay, science? In any case, other than a larger outlier distribution than I'd really like (but don't want to have to look into too closely because there are like 5000 fits to check), the core Gaussian distribution says my code is accurate to about 2%.  Cool.

It turns out, yes, the data wanted some science in its face.
The crazy thing is, this analysis took less than two minutes to run, compared with the original analysis, which took a summer.

Yay, computers?
I did not use the squirrel tech support system.
Nor did I use bird/bread tweet/keyboard.

And, just because:
"Bark bark bark!"  "Dude, ok, I'm going to be the better guy here, and just go, because I'd really feel bad shattering your body with this paw.  No, paw, no.  Don't wind yourself up.  We're just going to let this dog think that he's the greatest thing ever.  You're a jerk, dog.  I don't know how you sleep at night.  Me?  I'm going to sleep wonderfully tonight, knowing that I'm not you."

No comments:

Post a Comment