Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Tuesday: Nothing cool rhymes with "tues"

Dinner was the same as yesterday, except my baguette had gone impossibly stale. I plan to pick up a new one tomorrow.  Instead of pictures, two stories about animals from today:

  1. I walked out of the IfA to see a cat trying to hide in the plants. I walk over, heading for my car, and notice that the cat has a bird in his mouth. "What are you doing?" I asked. The cat panicked, dropped the bird, and ran to sit in the parking lot.  I start to walk away, only to stop when I see the bird flop around, and try to get his wings to fold back up correctly.  I watched for a few minutes, and he was able to get them back to normal, and hop up to hide on a window sill. There's not much I could do for him, so I started back to my car.  When I noticed that that damn cat was still sitting there, I walked after him until he started to run away into the bushes around someone's house.  Hopefully the bird was able to sort itself back out and get away before that cat decided to come back.  It was clearly someone's cat, as it was bright white and seemed to be fat and healthy.  It's unfortunate that they don't keep it inside where it can't kill things.
  2. As I was turning in to my apartment, I stopped to wait for another car to leave the driveway.  I noticed a guy walking his dog and returning home to the building.  The other car drives away, and I see the dog approaching the stairs up to the door.  He has his head turned around to look at the car pulling out, and isn't looking where he's walking. WHAM! The dog jumps backward after smashing his head into the wall next to the stairs, he gives it a surprised "OMGWTF! WHERE DID THIS COME FROM!?" look, and then continues on up the stairs with a happy little step.
I guess the point of these stories is that even though lots of animals are cute, some are murderous death machines, and some are hilarious comedies waiting to happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment