Thursday, September 1, 2011

Thursday: That isn't very good pizza

(Stolen from this other review because I'm too lazy to dig my wrapper out of the trash)

I like the regular rise-y crust-y freschetta pizza, because they actually put spices into the sauce.  It isn't just bland boring crap.  I assumed this would be basically the same, just square.  Unfortunately, the crust kind of has the texture of pita bread.  It's unnecessarily chewy, and even though I cranked the oven temperature 25 degrees, and baked it until there were burny bits on the cheese, I never got a crispy bottom crust.  Isn't that kind of the point of "brick oven", that that fucker gets so hot that it crisps and blisters the bottom crust?

Anyway, shit pizza is shit. Also square.  I would also give it two/five stars, as it isn't the worst pizza I've ever had (I'm looking at you Jack's Fucking Original Shitty Bacon Crapburger Pizza). I'm also pretty sure I paid twice what that reviewer did. Stupid ocean.


I also discovered (or rediscovered possibly) this today.  My big concern with joining a CSA of some sort was that I'd be flooded weekly with way more veggies that I could ever hope to eat and would just end up throwing them away.  However, this one has a fortnightly option, and at $20/bundle, that works out to about what I pay now for fruits and veggies.  Plus, it'd kind of give me an Iron Chef aspect to my menu planning, as I'd have to make use of things I might otherwise not buy.  I need to figure out a pickup/delivery arrangement that will work for me, but once I do that, I think I'll sign up.  Finally, that smiley delivery truck just seems so happy. He is pleased to be carrying your fresh produce within his tummy.

No comments:

Post a Comment