Monday, September 19, 2011

Mon-day: You have to pronounce it correctly

Alternate title 1: "Oh crap, a squeezy bottle."
I got the bottle awhile ago so I could do things like this: make salad dressings. Also to do sauce decorations and such things, but it's basically sat in my cupboard since I got it.  Since making dressing always takes the longest of all parts of salad making, I figured I'd blitz up a big batch and put it in the bottle.  My recipe was:

  • Squeeze of tomato paste
  • Smaller squeeze of garlic paste
  • Few glugs of balsamic vinegar
  • Equal amount of olive oil
  • Splash of vermouth to even it out and cut down the intensity
  • Salt/pepper
Blitzed up with the stick blender, and then dressed on my regular lettuce/tomato salad, with some of my romano cheese.

Alternate title 2: "I really like my big ramekins"
I had to kind of cram the triangular slice of pizza casserole into the circular ramekin, but it allowed me to heat it in the oven instead of the microwave.  Om nom nom crusty burnt cheese.  Also: chunk of bread.

The "mon" stuff:

Oh man, a snorlax bean bag chair? That's super cool!


A snorlax dress? Yay, snorlax!

No comments:

Post a Comment