Sunday, September 4, 2011

Sunday: There and back again. Then back to there.

Due to the three day weekend, today totally felt like a Saturday.  That makes it grocery day, so I went out, and bought stuff to plan out a week of meals, and then came home.

This was the mistake, it seems.

Because upon arriving home, I realized that I didn't really want to eat anything I'd bought.  This prompted a drive back to the mall (that's where WF lives, for some strange reason) to find food that I didn't have to prepare.  I really should have planned this out a bit better.

Anyway, here's the plan for this week:

Monday: Labor day means pretend grilled food. So, bratwurst and buffalo meat hot dogs. I suspect those dogs aren't in natural casings, so I will once again be sad for the state of modern hot dogs. Also corn on the cob and salad of some sort.  Also nachos, because I have tortilla chips to get rid of, and I just bought some jar salsa, since I like that better than my own.
Tuesday: Pretty much the same thing.
Wednesday: This is where I change it up because I only bought two ears of corn.  I suspect the rest is the same, though.
Thursday: I kind of run out of stuff here, so it'll either be panzanella or something fish-based.
Friday: If I do the panzanella, that'll be here as well.  Otherwise...um...something else?

Also:

Monday BREAKFAST: I bought a loaf of cranberry walnut bread, and the thought is to convert that into french toast.  I have a couple left over sausages from breakfast-for-dinner week, so they'll join the team.  This will be completed either with hash browns or something eggy, although since I'm not a big fan of eggs, and haven't really made them, the hash browns seems more likely.


Things I was asked about while checking out at WF today:


Samuel Smith Organic Cider: Ok, but far inferior to other ciders I've had in the past.  If only we could get a reliable supply of woodchuck, things would be better. It's too harsh, and should come in a more useful size.

Clusterfluff Ice Cream: Delicious, and although it's strong like most peanut butter ice cream, it's not overwhelmingly so. Checkout girl: "I like peanut butter!" Bagger guy: "I like the name...clusterfluff...heh heh heh."

No comments:

Post a Comment