Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Wednesday: Whatever, here's a pile of links


  • So after more fuckery with my internet last night, I stumbled on this forum.  The suggestion is that TWC rolled out things that break the docsis 2 modems, causing them to get shitty speeds.  I've ordered my own docsis 3 modem, so worst case scenario, I have the same shitty speeds, but with my own modem.  Hopefully this will make any future moves easier to get internet going, since I'll have all the hardware.
  • Squirrel.
  • Is anyone else stunned that that dickbag in Nevada is racist?  I mean, who would have thought?
  • Comic books.
  • Brock.
  • Naptime.  More places should do this.  Like at work.  Basically, I'm pro nap.
  • This looks like an interesting method.  Maybe not now that I've looked at this algorithm description.  That's basically just smoothing with weights based on something that's almost Gaussian like, and then fitting piecewise functions and asserting continuity.  I'll probably implement it for future use, but it's not quite as cool as I thought it would be. 

And then I remembered that I did have something to put here.  I've finally decided that Penny Arcade and SMBC and a couple of other comics have been sufficiently unfunny for long enough to drop them from my RSS feeds.  Then I realized that I still had 750 items to read, and that two feeds were contributing 150 and 80 items.  That's when I decided that if you spam out more than 5% of the feeds for the day, you get removed as well.  Even if it's just cute pictures of bunnies, you shouldn't post more than like 10 a day.  That'd be 2% on a reasonable day, and that's still 10 pictures of bunnies for the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment