Thursday, November 16, 2017

Thursday: Except oops, it does work.

I called, and the guy on the phone said it was "weird" that my old sim worked fine in the new phone.  He suggested I go to the store and get a new one.  So I did, and the guy there told me that he couldn't make the system accept it for my phone, because it's incompatible with my plan.  Because I have the infinite plan from years ago.  I don't know exactly what I'm going to do, but I think it might be a good idea to bring my old phone with me on this trip.  Just to be safe.

Anyway, new phone:
New phone taken with old phone.
I went with the Moto X4.  The Pixel looked cool, but it sounds like they have quality issues with them, and they're expensive, and they don't have a headphone jack.  This phone is basically identical to my old one, with the following exceptions:

  1. It is more square.
  2. It is like a half centimeter longer.
  3. It doesn't have the dimple on the back that I used to spin the old phone around with.
  4. The camera sticks out as a little round bump.
  5. It is all new with a fresh battery and everything.
I think it's going to work out ok.  It was also $400, which is a far better price point than $1000.  Now to order accessories and have them shipped where I'll be.

Old phone taken with new phone.

  • A new way to evaluate the Faddeyeva function?  Cool!
    • No, seriously, this is cool.  This is the complex form of the Voight function, and I spent a long time trying to find a good differentiable form for that.  I still am not happy with what I ended with, so this gives a new starting point.
  • Random witches from the tumblr queue.
  • A random good dog from the tumblr queue.

No comments:

Post a Comment