Saturday, August 26, 2017

Saturday: Sure, why not cram everything I had planned for the weekend in one day?

Earlier in the week, I looked at the museum's webpage, and it looked like a number of new exhibitions had opened since last time, so I decided that sounded like a thing to do today.
With lunch at the cafe.
They again did not have the pasta I wanted.
So I went with the filet mignon sandwich.
 It was pretty good, and they had decent tomatoes.  Still probably would have preferred the pasta, but this worked.
And I decided to get dessert too.
Most of the art is the same, but I knew they had one specific exhibition I was looking forward to:
Dragons and Tigers!
I love Asian tiger art.  I don't know exactly why, but it's one of my favorite genres.
Tiger!

Tiger!

Tiger!

Dragon!

Tiger!

Dragon and Tiger, in kimono print form!

Dragon fight!

Tiger fight!

Utagawa Kuniyoshi!

Dragon!
 I'm sad that it was only one room, but I get that this was kind of a niche exhibition.

And today was when I discovered that the museum has an Albers.
And then I remembered that my dad wanted me to take a picture of something at Punchbowl.  I couldn't, due to renovations, but I could still take pictures.
Punchbowl.

From the lookout facing south.

North.

East.
And then I drove to the middle of the island to eat dinner.
Somebody kept talking about Five Guys last week, with the convincing argument when told "I don't want burgers" that "then everybody can just get hot dogs and be happy with that."
Finally, I had a fully trained Magikarp that needed to die in the jump fights, so I took that chance to see how the jump height scales with JP.  The square root fit I used last time gave a terrible fit.  So, I went with the next good option: logarithms.
That fits the data better, although I'm pretty sure there has to be a low-JP taper.  Unfortunately, I can't probe that region without resetting the game, I don't think.  Maybe I'll install it on my phone so I can redo that regime.  This tournament data set meshed nicely with the set from last time, so I just used the union of the two.

No comments:

Post a Comment