Thursday, August 18, 2016

Thursday: Rargle.

Alternate title: Thursday: Effective Friday.
Alternate title 2: Thursday: Holy shit why do I have sixteen tabs open for linking?

Seriously.  The terms for the output X and the output Y dimensions are different.  They're all still there, so it doesn't save space.  It was insane.
And then because Gawker is being shut down, and no one knows if they're going to keep the site up as an archive, I spent a half hour printing all the Best Restaurant In New York posts to pdf.  Their series on Epcot is pretty much the sole reason that I went there in January.  Fun fact: Chrome doesn't know how to not split images across page boundaries.  Second fun fact: Firefox doesn't know how to render things in pdf such that it doesn't shrink the text space on each page until the post is just a column of individual letters.  So now I have 531 pages of internet in a pdf because there's no great way to archive everything.  Also: fuck lazy loading of images.  I hate that on every site I see it on.  And, finally, Peter Thiel is a misogynistic fascist vampire, and wish him only the worst.



No comments:

Post a Comment