Sunday, August 21, 2016

It's not as dramatic as the last time a fire broke out in the neighborhood.

That one was so bad that the smoke woke me up, and there was pretty extensive damage.

I heard an alarm go off, but that tends to happen a lot.  However, when I started hearing fire trucks blaring their sirens, I got up to take a look.  There were lights flashing everywhere, and the fire hydrant was spewing water.

It's under control in this picture.
At first, I thought maybe it was just the hydrant that the fire fighters where there to fix.  Then I looked closer:

Oh, yeah, that's smoke coming out of the building.
I guess that building is The Village Maluhia.  A lot of people were evacuating, but not everyone.  That also seems to be coming out of the stairwell, so at least it doesn't seem to be in any of the units.

Panorama showing the street blocked off by the police.
 The siren is off now, but the road is still blocked.

No comments:

Post a Comment