Sunday, August 28, 2016

Dear Twitter, I think you need to tune your ad engine better.

I'm putting this below the cut, because it's a lot of images.  I also probably should have cropped them, but I didn't.

For the past two days, I've woken up earlier than expected and browsed Twitter when I couldn't immediately go back to sleep.  During that time, I started to notice that the ads I was getting were not really well targeted to me.  I'm not saying anything bad about the ads themselves, just that I do not think I'm the best person to be showing that ad to.  I also tried to get a fair sampling of ads, although this probably isn't all of them.

I've grouped the screenshots I took of these ads into various categories that made sense to me.




I do not have a family, Twitter.
/
I don't have kids, Twitter.






Fine, Twitter, that might be appropriate.

Except, why?

These seem like they are targeting women, Twitter.  That's not really me.

I mean, sure I could donate, because domestic violence sucks.


I don't care about "game changing innovations" in tech, Twitter. 




I'll admit I like junk food, Twitter.







Wait, what?



I don't have an opioid addiction, Twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment