Sunday, April 26, 2015

Sunday: Fuck.

I had planned to go on another big driving excursion today, doing the fun "go counter-clock-wise until you get back home" trip.  That was until I got an email telling me that I'm giving a journal seminar tomorrow.  See post title for commentary.  So that screwed up my day.

This was the world map when I gave up on that game I was playing yesterday.  My team is Portugal (purple-blue), Japan (yellow), Russia (red), and Austria (light tan).  White is neutral, and I play by the strategy of never invading them.  I was able to conquer Germany and the Ottomans on the same turn, although I had to reconquer the Ottomans as they had substantial reserves to pull back.  The only remaining enemy is the US (green), because I didn't want to bother finishing them off when I found out about that seminar.  Britain has lost their capital, but they still have most of the island.  However, I have 17 battleships off the coast, so if I could find some Russian ground troops (I stopped buying things with them when it got so lopsided), I could take them out in the initial naval artillery assault.  Madagascar has a pile of troops, partially because as France was falling, they didn't have any other place to put units.  For some reason, they never bought transports to get people off the island.  Australia is the same way, and I kept forgetting to buy enough of the  fleets I needed for that invasion (I kept diverting them to Alaska).  And yes, Japan is in control of Jordan and Mesopotamia.  Sometimes the Russians get bogged down taking Constantinople, and you have time to march 24 artillery units across a continent.  


No comments:

Post a Comment