Saturday, April 18, 2015

Saturday: All the disappointment.

First up, fuck Dole Cannery.

I had planned to see "When Marnie was There" this weekend.  It's playing at the Hawaii International Film Festival, which runs at Dole Cannery.  I assumed that this would be like all of the other Ghibli films I've seen, with not so many people seeing it.  I checked for tickets online this morning, only to see a "no tickets available online, check at box office" message.  Assuming this wasn't a complete lie, I drove over to see if they had tickets.

They didn't.  Both today's and tomorrow's shows are sold out.  Ok, so I'll have to see it when it comes to Kahala mall in a few months.  Not a massive problem.  I went back to my car.

And took this series of photos of downtown and the harbor.
"$2.50"

"What?"

"Your ticket isn't validated.  Do you have your ticket stub?"

"No, I didn't see a movie.  It was sold out."

"$2.50"

"This is fucking bullshit."

Because it is.  No grace period at all?  It took me twelve minutes to park, take an elevator down to find they were sold out, take the elevator back up, and drive back down.  Fuck you, Dole Cannery.  Fuck you in your stupid "we're trying to look like we've renovated this place, but we're still in a dirty, run down part of town, and really do nothing to improve that" face.

So, plan for the day destroyed.  Let's go get kotteri ramen!

This is spicy tan tan, not kotteri.
That's because they were out of kotteri.  Fuck.  Also note that that's char siu instead of the spicy ground pork mixture.  I assume that's a similar supply issue.  Double fuck.




No comments:

Post a Comment